Tuesday 25 March 2014

MAKEUP OF THE DAY

Hey there pretty ladies,

I haven't done a makeup of the day in the while, so I thought I'd share with you a makeup look which I've been doing a lot recently which focuses on quite a pale base, matt nude eyeshadow,dark eyebrows and bright pink lips.

  The base:
As the summer isn't here yet and a whole Winter has passed leaving me with very light skin, I feel that fake tan doesn't look so good as it isn't building on any base and comes out too orange.  I've therefore used a foundation close to my skin tone (Benefit Playstick in Tea Party with primer underneath) and dusted it with finishing powder to set.

Then for a bit of colour I used Benefit Hula on the cheekbones and nose using the brush it comes with

 

 The Eyes:

In the above picture you can see I've chosen a skin coloured matt eyeshadow (the above is from a Givenchy pallet.)  I think with bright lips its important to not over do it with heavy eyes, hence the nude eyeshadow. You may be thinking that I could have just not put any eyeshadow on at all if I wanted a 'natural effect' but the truth is, most eyes have a lot of red on the lids from the blood vessels and can really make you look tired if they're not covered in a matt neutral shade of eyeshadow.

I also lined under the eyes with gray eyeshadow (still from the same givenchy palet)  and finished with Benefit They're Real Mascara.


 Eyebrows

I filled in the gaps in my eyebrows with a light brown eyeshadow and an angular brush to give a smoother finish to the brows and to fill in the ends which are a bit sparse.



To finish I used a bright pink YSL Golden lipgloss in 4 Golden Fuschia.  I have these lipglosses in about 5 different shades as I love the brush, the textures, the smell and the packaging.  As lipglosses go, these are my absolute favourites.  As you can see in the picture below, the gloss really sparkles and adds shine.

And that's it! I hope you guys like my Makeup of the day and has inspired you to try out a similar look! xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

=