Thursday 22 August 2013

Illamasqua nail polish in Hemlock

Morning Ladies, 

So here's a review on my first ever Illamasqua nail polish Hemlock (link here) in a 'pale opal green irridescant'! Available for £14.50 at www.illamasqua.com




Colour 7/10
I chose the shade Hemlock as I was really drawn by it's almost indescribable colour! They describe it as pale opal green iridescent, however for me I'd say it's more of a sheer/ semi sheer polish in a mother of pearl shade - there's almost a pink beige base with flashes of yellow / pink / green tones which shine through in different lights.  It is a nice colour, but perhaps not my favorite, I'd have preferred it to have been just with green or pink tones as together I'm not sure they go perfectly.

Application 10/10

A dream.  This polish beats a lot of other high end polishes for its beautiful consistency and ease to apply.  There are no brush strokes and I love how it hasn't got that gloopy texture. It also dries quickly between strokes.  I hope the others in the range are just as good!

Staying power 10/10

I had absolutely no chips for 5 days, and got away with the polish for 9 with just minor chips at the end.  And that's after cleaning the over without gloves as well.  Amazing!!!!



Over all, Hemlock is  a beautiful nail polish in a fairly neutral shade that will go with most outfits because of its various tones and it's semi-sheer quality.  It also has great staying power without chipping for at least 5 days.  The only thing is, there are too many colours running through this polish for me, but that's just a matter of personal taste.  But, in terms of application and staying power, as far as polishes go, I would definitely recommend it above most others. 

Have you guys tried any of the Illamasqua nail polishes, what do you think of them??

2 comments:

=